Peabody’s Repairs Process
You can report a repair online to Peabody (click here) or by calling our customer services department, Peabody Direct on 0800 022 4040.
Where the repair is Peabody’s responsibility, each request is given a repair priority according to urgency, and our staff and contractors work to keep inconvenience to a minimum.
Some repairs are the management committee’s responsibility and communal repairs should be discussed with individual estate managers.
If the repair is Peabody’s responsibility:
- You will be given a repair reference number and the target date for the work to be carried out.
- The contractor will tidy up after the repair but will not generally be responsible for any redecoration work. Please note we cannon guarantee that replacement components will always match existing ones.
- We may phone after the work is completed to ensure that you were happy with the repair – this is part of our work to ensure that residents are receiving a good quality of service.
The Responsibility of Management Committees
The management committee is responsible for:
- checking the property for damage,
- reporting repairs (via Peabody Direct),
- providing access to the contractor to carry out the repair,
- providing contact details in order to provide access to the contractor,
- ensuring that any hirers or users of the facility are liable for any damaged caused (through receipt of a deposit),
- repairing or replacing locks because of action by you, your guests or hirers of the facility. This includes repairs or replacements because keys have been lost or stolen,
- broken glass, if the damage has been caused by you, your guest or hirers of the facility,
- Decorating the facility.
If you need any more information please contact the community development team or Peabody Direct.